Guest-view of master Goals
Members see a full Checklist, associated Resources, and discussion Forum for each of these Goals.
- Automate savings for specific goals; So that they really happen
- Automate your monthly payments; Avoid late fees (and credit-rating hit), reduce handling time
- Buy Life Insurance for all adults; (Who either bring income or provide significant labor.)
- Get your Parents to Make a Will; To avoid mess with your siblings, step-parents, etc.
- Make 1-3 significant expense reductions; So you can save/invest more
- Make Wills (and Living Wills and Medical Powers of Attorney) for all adults/asset-holders in family; To deal with child guardianship and distribution of assets
- Negotiate with credit card companies; Reduce interest and fee expenses
- Open non-401k retirement account; Tax-advantaged retirement investing
- Open Roth IRA; Tax-advantaged retirement investing
- Pay down your Credit Cards; To escape high-interest trap
- Pay down your non-credit-card debts (student loans, cars, etc.); To avoid constant interest cost
- Review/adjust your investment allocations; To take advantage of interest compounding
- Review/control your cash flows; To get more saving and investing happening
- Set up CollegeSavings accounts for kids; So that money is set aside and you get tax advantage
- Set up your bank accounts; Reduce fees, create sub-accounts for savings goals, automate flows
- Sign up for maximum allowable level of employer 401k; Tax-advantaged retirement investing.
- Sign up for maximum matched level of employer 401k; to take advantage of matching